Regardless of the standards to which your educators must adhere, they need high-quality informational texts to help learners meet—and exceed—those standards, and a reliable method for monitoring student achievement.
myON supports standards-based teaching and learning for PreK-12
- The extensive, predominantly non-fiction collection of more than 10,000 wellrespected, standards-aligned digital books ensures that high-quality, authentic texts are available to match the curriculum.
- Learners access their own personal accounts and recommended reading lists, and review their own metrics, to further engage them and bolster growth as they read in their “just right” range.
- Educator tools support the development of standards-aligned book sets that can be assigned to individual students, groups or whole classes to support the curriculum.
- Educators can measure and monitor growth as they prepare learners for assessments. Lexile® progress reports provide real-time data for administrators.
Sample Workshop Session
Topic: Leveraging Text Sets to Align Curriculum (STEM, Global Studies, etc.)
- Identify content on myON that links directly to curriculum maps and pacing guides
- Consider a rationale for aligning texts for various purposes
- Consider how literacy skills can be integrated into content area learning
What customers say...
myON is a fabulous addition to our tools that help support student learning objectives related to student growth.
About our solutions
All solutions include the most effective combination of award-winning content, measurement tools, professional services and other key components to support program goals identified by schools, districts and communities.
Every solution package includes a standard myON license, which provides unlimited access to thousands of enhanced digital titles from Capstone, with embedded Lexile® assessments and other metrics that provide real-time data on student activity and growth, literacy tools that foster the acquisition of close/active reading and writing skills, educator resources and video tutorials to support effective implementation strategies, and ongoing customer support services.
Partner Publisher Content - Over 60 respected partner publisher collections can be added to any standard myON subscription.
myON NEWS - Daily news articles written just for K-8 students, at three Lexile(R) levels, in English and Spanish, with recorded audio and authentic multi-media resources.
Targeted Professional Development - Onsite or virtual workshop sessions covering introductory through advanced topics are available to meet individual program needs.
All myON subscriptions include resources and strategies to support extended learning -- from formal after-school programs that provide support between 3 and 5 pm, to community-based programs in Housing Authorities, Y’s, Boys & Girls Clubs, local public libraries and other community spaces, even at home! Here are a few that can be used by program staff and recommended to families.
Additional help articles tailored for specific user groups are available on our Support website.