To develop and improve their literacy skills, learners need time to practice reading with books that are at their level, meet their interests and are available anytime, on any web-enabled device. Often, this additional practice time occurs outside of the school day: before or after school, over the weekends and during school breaks.
myON’s all-inclusive site license supports extended learning time for PreK–12
- Each learner’s account provides unlimited access to a virtual bookshelf available wherever and whenever they log into myON: at school, in an after-school program, at a library or at home.
- Learners can read books offline that they have previously downloaded to mobile devices. Their reading data and bookmarks sync when they log back into their myON accounts online.
- Flexible scaffolds allow learners to read independently, even when an educator or other assistance is not immediately available.
- Learners can read with their families and share the activity records and reading data available from their dashboards, strengthening the connection between families, homes and schools.
Sample Workshop Session
Topic: Family Involvement
- Consider factors that impact literacy development outside of the traditional classroom
- Design a plan for increasing family involvement
- Identify key strategies that foster an environment for literacy in the home
What customers say...
It’s incredible that we can give free choice on a computer and the first thing they want to get on is myON.
About our solutions
All solutions include the most effective combination of award-winning content, measurement tools, professional services and other key components to support program goals identified by schools, districts and communities.
Every solution package includes a standard myON license, which provides unlimited access to thousands of enhanced digital titles from Capstone, with embedded Lexile® assessments and other metrics that provide real-time data on student activity and growth, literacy tools that foster the acquisition of close/active reading and writing skills, educator resources and video tutorials to support effective implementation strategies, and ongoing customer support services.
Partner Publisher Content - Over 60 respected partner publisher collections can be added to any standard myON subscription.
myON NEWS - Daily news articles written just for K-8 students, at three Lexile(R) levels, in English and Spanish, with recorded audio and authentic multi-media resources.
Targeted Professional Development - Onsite or virtual workshop sessions covering introductory through advanced topics are available to meet individual program needs.