Forging strong partnerships with community organizations is a proven strategy for school leaders, focusing needed attention and resources on literacy to create a true community of readers. When community leaders and organizations support educational initiatives and programs, they require proof of effectiveness.
myON supports the development of strong community partnerships through:
- A cost-effective personalized literacy environment, under an unlimited subscription, which gives learners and their families access to a complete digital library containing thousands of titles, along with recommended booklists that match their interests and Lexile® reading levels, to foster engagement and growth.
- Digital titles that are available on any web-enabled device, with downloads for offline reading available via free mobile apps. These tools help support reading wherever children, students, learners and families want to read: at home, school, a library, community center, even in a park or on a bus.
- Flexible scaffolds (including audio, text highlighting, a zoom feature and an embedded dictionary), along with a suite of literacy tools to support family engagement and allow children and families to read together, even if there isn’t a proficient adult reader in the household.
- Embedded metrics that provide data on reading activity and growth, which can be shared with families. Aggregate data is available for community partner reporting and accountability needs.
Sample Workshop Session
Topic: Strategy and Planning
- Define goals and success indicators
- Identify existing programs and initiatives to enhance and build upon
- Create a working project plan including but not limited to: timelines, milestones, roles and responsibilities
What customers say...
We have a schoolwide focus on literacy and myON fits beautifully to support home-school engagement.
About our solutions
All solutions include the most effective combination of award-winning content, measurement tools, professional services and other key components to support program goals identified by schools, districts and communities.
Every solution package includes a standard myON license, which provides unlimited access to thousands of enhanced digital titles from Capstone, with embedded Lexile® assessments and other metrics that provide real-time data on student activity and growth, literacy tools that foster the acquisition of close/active reading and writing skills, educator resources and video tutorials to support effective implementation strategies, and ongoing customer support services.
Partner Publisher Content: Over 60 respected partner publisher collections can be added to any standard myON subscription.
Targeted Professional Development: Onsite or virtual workshop sessions covering introductory through advanced topics are available to meet individual program needs.