Support for your Striving Readers Program
myON supports programs that advance literacy skills for students from birth to Grade 12, regardless of their circumstances or current level of reading proficiency. Our state-of-the-art digital literacy environment is designed to support independent, self-directed reading and family reading activities, as well as teacher assignments.
Each myON implementation begins with a plan designed to help reach the goals identified by our partner schools, districts and communities. Every plan integrates the following key elements of the Striving Readers Comprehensive Literacy Program, along with myON services and support to help ensure successful outcomes.
Curriculum and Instructional Materials
- Our state-of-the art digital literacy platform incorporates thousands of age-appropriate enhanced digital books dynamically matched to each learner’s interests, grade and Lexile® reading level. Optional scaffolds like professionally-recorded audio and a suite of reading and writing tools help forge close connections to the text.
- Daily news articles, based upon current events and written just for K-8 students -- at three different Lexile® levels -- are available on the myON platform, as well. Related multi-media resources and supports help make the content more meaningful and accessible for all readers.
- Our research-based approach to literacy incorporates the Lexile® Framework for Reading widely used throughout the US and around the world to measure student reading growth.
- myON was the subject of a research study with 4th grade students in the Midwest, published in Reading Psychology in 2014, which concluded that using digital readers as a supplementary instructional tool, when paired with print-based materials and educator-led activities, can optimize student reading comprehension.
- Our Professional Services Team provides on-site and virtual staff development for educators and administrators to help them build their own skills as well as to build capacity within their teams.
- Educator resources, available from each educator’s dashboard, include on-demand video tutorials, strategies, guides, materials and tip sheets that support the integration of myON into existing literacy programs.
Assessments and Reports
- myON seamlessly measures engagement while students are reading on the platform. Embedded Lexile® assessments and optional end-of-book quizzes provide data on reading growth.
- Engagement and growth metrics are available on educator and administrator dashboards, with 11 reports available in CSV format for easy download into program accountability systems.
Tools for All Learners
- myON offers flexible scaffolds (including audio, text highlighting, a zoom feature and embedded dictionary) along with a suite of literacy tools, to support all learners including English language learners and students with disabilities.
- The high-quality, digital content includes a large collection of digital books in Spanish with authentic and culturally relevant connections.