At the heart of the digital classroom is the effective integration of technology—from providing on-demand access to resources, to monitoring student progress, to intelligently allocating time and effort.
myON supports the transition to the digital classroom for PreK-12
- Each student has his or her own, personalized digital library of “just right” books for reading and cross-curricular assignments—a pedagogically sound and cost-effective alternative to purchasing classroom sets that may not meet each learner’s needs.
- Unlimited, concurrent usage licenses eliminate waiting time and check-in/check-out tasks, ensuring that all students can access the books they need or want to read, regardless of how many others are reading the same book at the same time.
- 24/7 access allows students to read online and offline, wherever they are, which supports blended learning and out-of-school reading activity.
- Literacy tools enable interaction with text in the digital environment to build active reading skills through activities such as highlighting, note-taking and citations.
Sample workshop session
Topic: Actively Engaging Learners in Reading
- Introduce literacy tools that promote learner engagement
- Classify potential purposes for utilizing the literacy tools to promote text inspection and analysis
- Create a plan for effective use of the literacy tools
About our focus areas
myON provides the most effective combination of award-winning content, measurement tools, professional services and other key components to support program goals identified by schools, districts and communities.
A standard myON license provides unlimited access to a digital library containing thousands of authentic titles from Capstone, with embedded Lexile® assessments and other metrics that provide real-time data on student activity and growth, literacy tools that foster the acquisition of close/active reading and writing skills, educator resources and video tutorials to support effective implementation strategies, and ongoing customer support services.
Partner Publisher Content - Premier collections from our respected Partner Publishers, containing thousands of additional titles for PreK-12, can be added to any myON library.
myON NEWS - Daily news articles written just for K-8 students, at three Lexile(R) levels, are presented in English, Spanish and French, with recorded audio and authentic multi-media resources.
Targeted Professional Development - Onsite or virtual workshop sessions covering introductory through advanced topics are available to meet individual program needs.