Forging strong partnerships with community organizations is a proven strategy for school leaders, focusing needed attention and resources on literacy to create a true community of readers. When community leaders and organizations support educational initiatives and programs, they require proof of effectiveness.
myON supports the development of strong community partnerships
- A cost-effective personalized literacy environment under an unlimited subscription gives learners and their families access to a complete digital library containing thousands of titles, along with recommended booklists that match their interests and Lexile® reading levels, to foster engagement and growth.
- Titles are available on any web-enabled device, with downloads for offline reading via free mobile apps. These tools help support reading wherever learners and families want to read: at home, school, a library, community center, even in a park or on a bus.
- Flexible scaffolds (including audio, text highlighting, a zoom feature and an embedded dictionary), along with a suite of literacy tools for close/active reading, support family engagement and allow children and families to read together, even if there isn’t a proficient adult reader in the household.
- Embedded metrics provide data on reading activity and growth, which can be shared with families. Aggregate data is available for community partner reporting and accountability needs.
Sample workshop session
Topic: Strategy and Planning
- Define goals and success indicators
- Identify existing programs and initiatives to enhance and build upon
- Create a working project plan including but not limited to: timelines, milestones, roles and responsibilities
About our focus areas
myON provides the most effective combination of award-winning content, measurement tools, professional services and other key components to support program goals identified by schools, districts and communities.
A standard myON license provides unlimited access to a digital library containing thousands of authentic titles from Capstone, with embedded Lexile® assessments and other metrics that provide real-time data on student activity and growth, literacy tools that foster the acquisition of close/active reading and writing skills, educator resources and video tutorials to support effective implementation strategies, and ongoing customer support services.
Partner Publisher Content - Premier collections from our respected Partner Publishers, containing thousands of additional titles for PreK-12, can be added to any myON library.
myON NEWS - Daily news articles written just for K-8 students, at three Lexile(R) levels, are presented in English, Spanish and French, with recorded audio and authentic multi-media resources.
Targeted Professional Development - Onsite or virtual workshop sessions covering introductory through advanced topics are available to meet individual program needs.