When children fail to read on grade level by the time they complete third grade, they are at risk of falling behind, tuning out and, all too often, dropping out of school. With myON, even the youngest preschooler can set out on a path to reading readiness.
myON supports reading readiness for PreK–Grade 3
- Provides an intuitive digital interface that is engaging and fun to use, and accessible on any web-enabled device.
- Connects children with thousands of “just right” books that appeal to their interests and contain scaffolds, such as professionally-recorded audio to model fluency and a dictionary to build vocabulary in context. Children are inspired and motivated to keep reading and learning.
- Unlimited, anytime-anywhere access to a vast digital library means children can read frequently with teachers, family members and caregivers, increasing time spent reading and helping them improve.
- Reading activity and growth are measured through embedded Lexile® assessments, beginning with K-1, helping educators identify students who may need additional assistance early on
Sample workshop session
- Consider the needs of early, emergent, transitional, and fluent readers
- Identify key strategies that engage readers based on developmental appropriateness
- Examine recommendations for using technology with early learners
About our focus areas
myON provides the most effective combination of award-winning content, measurement tools, professional services and other key components to support program goals identified by schools, districts and communities.
A standard myON license provides unlimited access to a digital library containing thousands of authentic titles from Capstone, with embedded Lexile® assessments and other metrics that provide real-time data on student activity and growth, literacy tools that foster the acquisition of close/active reading and writing skills, educator resources and video tutorials to support effective implementation strategies, and ongoing customer support services.
Partner Publisher Content — Premier collections from our respected Partner Publishers, containing thousands of additional titles for PreK-12, can be added to any myON library.
Renaissance myON News™, powered by News-O-Matic — Daily news articles written just for K-8 students, at three Lexile(R) levels, are presented in English, Spanish and French, with recorded audio and authentic multi-media resources.
Targeted Professional Development — Onsite or virtual workshop sessions covering introductory through advanced topics are available to meet individual program needs.